Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Research Question

The topic I would like to explore for this paper is the ACT.  Currently my research question is: How big a role should the ACT play in college acceptances?  I think this is a very pertinent topic and relatable to most of my peers.  I find the ACT to have positive and negative aspects, and I want to explore more about the role it plays.  I have personally experienced the ACT and all of the stresses that come with it, so I am interested to explore the role it plays in the college admission process.  To best answer this question, I will need to learn more about the ACT in general and the reason it was created.  I will also need to research the amount of emphasis that colleges place on ACT scores.  Some experts to include in my research would be college admissions staff as they are the ones reviewing test scores and making decisions based on them.  Also important to include would be the test maker/scorers to better understand what purpose the ACT serves.  Teacher and student perspectives would provide good information on both sides of the argument as well.  Overall, I think this is an interesting, relevant topic that almost all high school and college students can relate to and one that I want to offer a unique perspective on.

No comments:

Post a Comment