Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Experience Synthesis Reflection

Writing the experience synthesis was a good experience for me as it was a different and enjoyable paper to write.  Being able to tell a story and use my own personal experience is not something usually acceptable for a college paper, so it was nice to be able to sort of have fun with the paper and tell a story.  I was able to use some creativity which made the paper even more enjoyable to write and hopefully more enjoyable for the audience to read. 

Overall, I think the actual process of writing the paper was helpful for me.  Going through each step of brainstorming, free writing, drafting, peer reviews, and revisions, was really beneficial for me and ultimately helped me write a stronger paper.  The outline and design plan also helped me with organization and keeping in mind my ultimate purpose and audience.  The design plan was something new that I have never used while writing a paper before, but I do think it was useful.

In my original design plan, I stated my purpose for my paper was to provide my own personal experience with service and encourage other students to get involved in service.  I decided my audience would be students, specifically high school and college students, wanting to get involved in service.  I believe my paper was successful in staying true to my purpose and audience as I shared how service has positively impacted my own life.  I focused on my meaningful experiences that made me really understand the value of service and hope that the readers will see how important service is.  My experiences could encourage others to get involved and make their own difference in the world.  I think I made my paper relatable to the audience through my own experience and also the outside sources I chose to include.  I believe I was successful in getting my point across to the reader, staying true to my purpose, and writing an interesting, relatable paper.      

No comments:

Post a Comment