Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Revision Process

In the past, the revision process has always been something that I overlooked and did not really put much effort into.  I already had all of the information I wanted to talk about in my paper, and my revising consisted of fixing spelling and grammar errors and maybe rewording a sentence or two.  In my previous classes, we would do peer reviews, but the comments I received were never really helpful, so my papers wouldn't really change that much.

This revision process has not been like my previous experiences.  Taking the time to perform two peer reviews in class which answered meaningful questions really helped me.  Being able to get the opinions of four of my classmates was great because I could easily see where I needed to be clearer on a topic or idea.  I also liked working with a partner while doing the peer evaluations.  Having two perspectives on the same work was beneficial as we could combine our thoughts and offer better comments and suggestions.  This time, I was actually able to use those comment and suggestions to improve my paper and actually make meaningful revisions.  I think this revision process has been worthwhile and will hopefully help me to write a better paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment