Thursday, March 17, 2016

Explanatory Synthesis Reflection

I began this paper with the purpose of informing the audience about the harmful effects that getting too much sleep could have on  a person's health.  This purpose ultimately remained intact throughout my paper.  I kept this goal in mind and made sure that all of the information and sources I chose to include were relevant and meaningful.  Ultimately, I believe I achieved this goal.  I feel that my finished paper informs the reader about a variety of health concerns associated with getting too much sleep.

Although my purpose remained strong throughout my writing process.  I did find myself changing some aspects from my original design plan.  I was not really sure about organization at first and did not know how I wanted to break my paper up.  As I continued writing, I realized that the best way to break up my paper was to dedicate a paragraph to each health concern.  This helped me get my point across to the audience that getting too much sleep can have harmful effects on almost every part of the body.  This organization helped me remain true to my original purpose as well.  Also, on my original design plan, I deemed my audience as people who do not get the right amount of sleep and people who want to learn more about sleep.  As I was writing my paper though, my audience focus shifted more toward people who were getting too much sleep.  Part of the audience was still people who do not get the right amount of sleep, but I found myself putting emphasis on those who get too much sleep.  Both my audience and organization shifted as I continued writing my paper.

Overall, I believe I wrote an informative paper that was able to explain a lesser known fact.  I feel that I stayed true to my purpose and got my message across.  Although I did not completely follow my original design plan, I feel the changes I implemented made my paper stronger.  I found myself doing a lot more revision that I usually do, but I think my paper benefitted in the end.  Ultimately, I believe I wrote a strong paper and got my purpose across to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment