Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Explanatory Synthesis Revision Process

I found this explanatory synthesis paper to be interesting yet challenging to write.  The APA format made it more difficult than usual for me.  APA has very specific and very different requirements than MLA does, so it took me a lot longer to figure out how to cite my sources and how to format everything correctly.  This was a trying experience, especially as this is my first paper done in proper APA format.  Putting APA aside, this was an enjoyable paper to write.  It was a good experience to choose a lesser known fact and really dive into the details, learn more about it myself, and then inform others through my paper.  The peer reviews and group discussions helped me throughout my revision process, and going over synthesis and formatting as a class was also very beneficial.  I feel that this was a much more challenging paper to write than last time, but it is good to be exposed to other styles of papers.  Overall, I think this paper was an enriching learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment