Saturday, April 23, 2016

60th Wedding Anniversary

My Nani and Papa recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.  This is so amazing and is truly a huge accomplishment.  With so many divorces and unhappy marriages, it is nice to see a long, happy marriage.  My Nani and Papa have spent 60 years together, experiencing the birth of their eight children and nearly thirty grandchildren.  They commemorated their anniversary by renewing their vows in Mass.  Our whole family went to Church together and witnessed this beautiful moment.  After Church, the whole family went over to my uncle's house to celebrate their anniversary with dinner and a party.  It was really nice to see everyone.  My uncle came in from California to celebrate, along with my cousins from St. Louis.  It was really nice to see them because they are not able to come in often.  Some of my Nani and Papa's friends and neighbors came to celebrate as well.  All of my aunts and uncles cooked something to bring to the party, so needless to say, there was a ton of food.  It was definitely delicious and appreciated by everyone.  The basement was decorated very nicely with balloons, streamers, and pictures.  My mom actually made a photo collage with pictures of my Nani and Papa through the years.  She put them all on a cardboard cutout in the shape of a 60.  Everyone got a kick out of this, and my Nani and Papa enjoyed reminiscing.  Events like this deserve to be celebrated, and I am really glad we all got the chance to be together and celebrate this special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment