Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Baking

I love to bake.  I find it so cool that a whole bunch of ingredients can come together and make a delicious dessert.  I am kind of known as the baker in my family.  Whenever there is a party or some sort of family gathering, I always make some kind of dessert to bring.  Usually, they are a big success.  Probably the family favorite are these chocolate chip cookie caramel bars.  The top and bottom of the bar is similar to a chocolate chip cookie, and the middle is filled with salted caramel.  They are so good and are always devoured as soon as they are put out.  I find a lot of the recipes I use on Pinterest, and that is actually where I found this recipe.  I prefer baking to cooking, mainly because I love desserts.  There is something so satisfying when I make a new recipe and it is a great success.  Of course, I have made some desserts that taste awful, but baking is a learning experience.  Just like anything else, practice makes you better.  The more I make a certain recipe, the better I get at it.  I will find little things that I could tweak to make the recipe even better.  Just like in life, I also learn from my mistakes in baking.  When I first started making the cookie bars, I could not get the texture right, and I knew something was off, but I just could not figure out what it was.  After more trials, I finally figured out that I was using margarine instead of butter.  I never made that mistake again, and the bars came out even better after I fixed the mistake.  Baking is just something I have always liked to do.  From a young age, I always enjoyed helping my mom in the kitchen, and as I got older, I wanted to try some things by myself.  I like testing out new recipes, and I am looking forward to my next baking experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment