Friday, April 15, 2016

Once Upon A Time

Fairytales have been making a comeback recently, whether it be through movies or television.  Old characters and classic tales are being revived with new twists an themes.  My favorite TV show is one such modern take on fairytales.  The show Once Upon A Time is about fairytale characters in the modern world.  The show is currently wrapping up its fifth season, and it has been amazing since the very beginning.  The shoe features some classic fairytale characters including Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen, Rumpelstiltskin, Belle, and Captain Hook, just to name a few.  The show I centered in the magic town of Storybrooke, but each season brings these beloved characters to a new land.  So far the show has taken viewers to the Enchanted Forest, Neverland, Oz, Wonderland, and currently, the Underworld.  The show is really amazing.  The writers are incredible and are able to create backstories and motives for all of the characters.  The show also offers a deeper look into some themes such as love, family, and loyalty.  The show is all about being true to oneself and giving people a second chance.  The characters have so many dimensions, and the writers always make sure to alert the audience that there is more to these classic villains stories.  I really do not watch a lot of TV, but this is one show that I make sure I tune into every week.  Once Upon A Time keeps me on the edge of my seat each episode, and I know I can always expects major plot twists and cliffhangers.  I highly recommend this show to anyone.  It is the perfect mix of action, adventure, fantasy, and romance.  Once Upon A Time is by far my favorite show on television, and I cannot wait until the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment